Re: (ET) batterys

David had mentioned that improper recharging can cause sulfating of the
batteries.  Can David or anyone tell me the proper technique to prevent
this
from happening.  I just put a new set of batteries in last year and don't
want to trash them.

The GE manual that came with the tractor said that the batteries should be
charged after every use.  I set the charger on 1-2yrs mark everytime I
recharge, which gives about a 14 hour or so recharge time. This seems like
overkill as I only use the tractor for about 40 minutes each time, and the
meter indicates that the batteries are not even down to half-way
discharged.
Is sulfating from overcharging or undercharging?

What would be the effect of the use of the float charger that one of our
group members sells.  Apparently this is kept plugged in at all times the
tractor is not being  used.  Does this type of charging decrease the
possibility of battery damage to sufating?

Barry
Dayton, OH