Re: (ET) RE: That time of the year again...

I recently purchased some electric lawn equipment. In addition to an A-65,
I got a Lawn Boy 18" battery powered mower.  It was supposed to take 3 12V
motorcycle batteries.  I am using 3 surplus 17AH SLAs.  It's great! It cut
fine and has lots of power.  I use it for trimming and for a area where I
have some dwarf fruit trees. It' a little heavy with the batteries, but
when I saw that I could mow down loriope(?) with little problem, I gave my
gas mower way. The lady I bought it from said that this was a prototype
and was never sold by Lawn Boy. It looks like it has an electrak mower
motor. I suppose one could be home built based on a small gas mower body.
I can certainly recommend something like this for those spots that are
hard to get at with the rider.

Regards,

Brad