(ET) Welding project

I'm taking a welding class at the local Vo-Tech and need a project or two to work on. Of course it will be Elec-Trak related. A couple of things come to mind - a front platform lift (like a BL36), a sleeve hitch adapter (like AP50),  and/or manual rear lift (AP58). Any idea how 'doable' these would be? If I decide on one and you own a real one, I may need some help with pictures and/or sketches. Or anyone have other ideas? The shop is pretty dang complete and the instructor can get just about anything we need.

Might need to take a sheet metal class next and build battery boxes - I could use three rear ones ....

SteveS
E12S's
E20