Re: (ET) list

Chris,

The weight box arms with a box fabricated to fit 3 group 27 deep cycle 12 volt batteries was what made my I - 5  excellent for  deep crusted snow, as long as I used tire chains. The extra batteries were left on all year and made cold batteries work much longer under a heavy load, plus mowing 3 to 4 hours was never a problem.

Gary

 Christopher Meier <mr23 mn rr com> wrote:

Over in the SW suburbs of Minneapolis, MN, twin city to St. Paul,
I have an E16, with mower deck, blade, rotary sweeper and snow
blower, and wheel chains. I've modified it to run off of 3 Hawker
SBS-60's, and have a second set as a booster pack in the event we
ever get enough snow to make it worthwhile to add them in (dry
winter here). I have chains, but no wheel weights or weight box.

Anyone have a spare weight box?
A while back someone mentioned they had a spare bracket that
stabs in the front of the ET and limits side/side and vertical travel
of the mower deck. I have a pic available to send for confirmation
of which one I'm referring to. I'd like to get ahold of that before
spring.

A few months ago I sold my other E16, with blade and mower deck,
to Lee Hart, of Sartell, MN (suburb of St. Cloud). I sent the one
bracket for the mower deck (and is used with the Wheel Horse
blade) with it (actually, it's still waiting in my garage with the second
set of chains for Lee to pick it up -- Good thing there hasn't been
enough snow to need it)... I think Lee has an E8 or E10 (non-
functional) as well. His E16 left here without the golf cart batteries
that powered it for the last 7 or 8 years -- would you believe we
loaded the tractor into the back of his Toyota Sienna? Just let the
air out of the tires after we maneuvered it halfway in, and the
steering wheel was persuaded to go just under the center of the
rear opening...

-Chris Meier