[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(ET) Lubing the front end and mower motors
- Subject: (ET) Lubing the front end and mower motors
- From: "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:40:28 -0500
- References: <20030123040615 42753 qmail web11404 mail yahoo com>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
While assembling the front end of my E20, I ran into a small problem.
Hooking my grease gun up to the axle grease valve and squeezing resulted in
no grease going in. As a result, the only grease in there is the globs I
on for assembly.
Do these valves stick? Do I have to drop the whole front end again? Can I
leave it this way till it gets warmer? Please :-)
OTOH I don't want to find another axle. It was good to get the tractor
again; I really missed riding around in total quiet.
Also, how much should I expect to pay to have a mower motor overhauled? One
of my three makes a little gravelly sound when turned freehand.