Re: (ET) E-20 with attachments

On 6 Jan 2003 at 13:33, SteveS wrote:

> There is storage space available there, but if it's preferred we
> don't use it that's ok.

In order to access that space, all of us would have to join the Yahoo
group.
 I for one don't want to do that, especially since Yahoo presently does
NOT
host the actual mailing list, just an archive.

Besides, having everyone (or even some) join the Yahoo group would
*really*
create confusion over how to post to the list!

It should be unnecessary in any case.  Many people already have web sites
where files can be posted, or you can email files to members directly.  If
you want more, leased server space can be pretty inexpensive these days if
you shop around, don't need a lot of handholding,  and are willing to
accept
a host that doesn't warrant 99.9% uptime.

> I imag[in]e since our list bypasses the Yahoo list feature that
> those messages would not go out.

Correct.

Just so it's clear, we don't bypass Yahoo.  We simply don't use it for the
list.  For us, it's strictly an archive, presumably searchable.  How good
it
is for that purpose I don't know.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002