[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) Battery charger
- Subject: Re: (ET) Battery charger
- From: "Jim (fiskfarm)" <fiskfarm attbi com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:07:05 -0500
- Organization: Suds & Service
- References: <7d 31592cc4 2b151344 wmconnect com>
- Reply-to: fiskfarm attbi com
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
I have lost one capacitor after another due to a weak connection at the
master switch. I took it apart and rebuilt it (the switch that is) and
never had another cap failure.
Habooly1 wmconnect com wrote:
1 - As we all know, if the Master Disconnect is on and the
charger is on, then the batteries are being charged.
Situation 2 -
But what is going on if the battery charger is on and the Master Disconnect
is off? It still hums, but what is it doing? Will it harm anything?
Also, in situation 1,
the humming is louder than in Situation 2. Is this normal?
It seems as though it should be other way around.