Re: (ET) Battery charger

I have lost one capacitor after another due to a weak connection at the master switch. I took it apart and rebuilt it (the switch that is) and never had another cap failure.

Habooly1 wmconnect com wrote:

Situation 1  -  As we all know, if the Master Disconnect is on and the charger is on, then the batteries are being charged.

Situation 2  -  But what is going on if the battery charger is on and the Master Disconnect is off? It still hums, but what is it doing?  Will it harm anything?

Also, in situation 1,  the humming is louder than in Situation 2. Is this normal?   It seems as though it should be other way around.