(ET) E12S Reverse Only

Hello,

I just swapped batteries from my lousy looking E15 to my beautiful E12S.
Never ran the E12 since it's batteries were all bad when I got it. After
hooking up all the battteries from the E15 which ran great my big surprise
was the E12 only goes in reverse. No matter which way I push the control I
can only travel backwards. High and Low range on the tranny works normally.
Any ideas as to what's going on would be appreciated.

Lights work, lift works just won't go forward.

Woody Del Mar