(ET) more snow thrower motor

Well, like I said my motor runs great, but backwards!

I noticed that last week when I first got it running, but  told myself -
"Oh, you just have the connections reversed!". Well I changed them tonight
and it still runs backwards (looking at the shaft, it turns clockwise).

I thought for sure reversing the connections would reverse the direction,
but maybe it's not so on a series wound motor. I guess not, since I am
reversing the armature and field. But it is the correct motor...

Any ideas?

SteveS
E12S