Re: (ET) Noisy Transmission/Mower deck poll

Harold,
  Mr. Gunn sells a small manual on how to rebuild these transmissions. Once
you do the C185 trans you will be able to rebuild your E15 trans with your
eyes closed. You mainly need to replace the bearings and seals. But check
the condition of your gears for any excessive wear.
     Eric Miller

> Hi
> Has anyone out there ever rebuilt a transmission out of an
E15/16/20/C-185,etc.?
>  My C-185's transmission is annoyingly noisy.My plan is to take the
> trans.
out of my E15 parts tractor,rebuild it and put it in my C-185
> (less downtime). Does anyone have any advice on rebuilding?
>  On another topic,I would like to take a poll.Is side discharge better or
is rear discharge better for the front-mount mowers? Pros and cons?