Re: (ET) RE: Hills

Here's another interesting suggestion.
Since the E15 has a compound wound motor, you can increase voltage
to the field on the hill to force braking.  Has anyone tried this?
Perhaps the shunt field is not strong enough to cause regenerative braking?
Since I have a newer control system I think this is possible.
Perhaps the shunt field could use a few more turns to increase field
strength.
I did a similar system on a sep-ex golf cart motor that was on a Cushman
greens mower.  This mower is much heavier than an E15 but I was able to
maintain
the required 4 mph +/-0.5Mph except on steep hills.  I also worked with
Jacobson on this
system and they ended up patenting the speed control system.
Rod