(ET) finally my mowing is smoke free....

Earlier this summer I finally got my e12m together and mowing.  It has been
great.  The kids will actually ride with me because of no noise..

Then about 3 weeks ago I came across an 24 volt Ryobi mulching mower at a
recycle shop.  It was sitting in there trash pile with a note, no key, will
not charge.  The person that put it in the dumpster broke the handle on the
way in.  Was able to pick it up for a buck (they sell everything).  Pulled
the cover off, cleaned out all the mice nests and found that the key could
be by-passed by changing one lead on the board (unplug/replug to a new
spot).  Put the car charger on the 2 12 volt batteries and found out that
they were still good.  Instead of trying to figure out the charging
problem,
I just added leads off each battery to  a couple of quick connects.  Now I
just charge one battery at a time.  Fixed the handle and I was off and
mowing.

Last week in the same shop, here sat a 3 year old 12v toro weed eater.
Note
on it said will not hold charge...  Had to pay $7.50 for it.
Well I wasn't as lucky this time.  The 12 volt battery (actually 2 6 volts
hooked together) was shorted out.  New replacement 12 volt 8 amp hr battery
$80.00!!!!!  Time to get out the dermal tool and revamp the case to take a
12 volt 7amp hr battery (like the battery backup that alarms use).  A
little
cutting and a little foam for filler and $20.00 one dropped in to place.
Does fine for around the yard but would want to take on any heavy stuff
with
it.

Now the current problem is what to do with a 1963 sears lawn tractor that
runs great but isn't worth anything, a very good Honda push more, and a
almost new gas weed eater.....