(ET) Original Cost - Plus

  On October 24, 1970 I bought my first E-15 with heavy duty batteries and a 42" mower for $1400.00 plus tax. On November 21, 1970 I bought a 48" Dozer Blade for $99.00 plus tax. I can't find all my battery replacement receipts but on May 16, 1985 I replaced the batteries for $323.70 and my last set of batteries which cost $408.00 were installed on May 8, 1996 and are still working fine.  This last set are by far the best batteries that I ever had. Size wise, they were higher than the original batteries so it was necessary to modify the rear hatch to accommodate them. Don't ask the name on them, they were "No Name" batteries form somewhere in Ohio and the battery shop where I got them went out of business. The only information I have is what's on the sales slip and the number was EV137. Other than batteries, drive belts and cutting blades the E-15 has been trouble free.            Barry