[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) Electricity cost
- Subject: Re: (ET) Electricity cost
- From: "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org>
- Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:40:30 -0400
- References: <3D6F938E A3EF03FD earthlink net> <003a01c25072$92b7d450$ad5ba642 crystel com> <3D704807 9000504 ameritech net>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
> How do you spend $0.
> You must have solar cells for recharge.
Correct. Three MSX-60 panels in series (or a 120 and a 60) provide *more*
than enough power to keep my E20 peaked. I had it hooked into 3 120 watt
panels, but it would charge in a day or two. I use it weekly at most. The
rest of the panels keep the shed's batteries peaked (300amp/hrs 24 volts)
and surplus power is sold back to the grid via a MicroSine inverter.
So it costs less than 0 cents to operate. :-)
Details on my web site: http://www.crystel.com