(ET) Electricity cost

    People have asked how much electricity my E12 uses, how much it costs
operate it. I decided to make a measurement to see. You all might be
interested.
    My 1-year old T125 batteries were probably something like 85% charged
when I
put an ammeter in series with the charger plug. Initially, it drew about 9
amps.
After 2 minutes it was around 5 amps. Several minutes later it had
stabilized at
4.05 amps. The voltage was 117.7 VAC..
    That's 476.685 watts. In 8 hours that would be 3.813 kwh. In my town,
they
charge us about $.07 per kwh, or 27 cents for that much electricity.  I'm
supposedly able to mow 3 acres on a full charge. My 8 hp gas mower uses
about
$1.10 worth of gasoline to do my one acre. So, energy wise, the
operational cost,
at the point of use, is about 12 times higher for gasoline burners. Tell
that to
your gas burning neighbor.
    I'll try this again sometime when the batteries are fully discharged
to see
how much more the cost would be (probably not much), but this give us an
idea of
it.

Bill