From: Daniel Eyk <danieleyk yahoo com>
To: GE e-mail Elec-trak <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Subject: (ET) E-15 batteries
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:21:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All, I am in need of some info and I am sure
someone has covered it before. I am installing some
used T-105 battaeries in my E-15 and after I had
purchased them, and started to install them, I
realized that they have top mounted screw on terminals
that I can also slide the conventional cables down as
well. Will the height of the screw on bolts be a
problem when I go to put the seat down and sit on it?
Also, while I was looking at the cables to install
them last night, I found one cable end had
fallen/broken off the cable and naturally, it was the
main lead that goes down below the charger to connect
with the back battery compartment. If I cut back a
little to reinstall the cable end, it looks as though
it will be too short, so I am planning on replacing
all the battery interconnects with new cables as the
old ones look pretty decrepit. Would it be best to go
with conventional ring type cable ends or would it be
okay to use flat end connectors? Also, as I was
checking connections of wires on the main circuit
board and soldering some on, I noticed what may be a
couple of relays, I haven't checked the schematic, to
the left of the main circuit board and they looked
real loose like they could fall apart and was
wondering if any one could tell me if that is normal
or if they are bad and need replacing. Sitting on the
seat, they would be mounted on the metal plate in the
front compartment to the right of the main circuit
board mounting position. I was hoping to have it up
and running soon, but this may delay me awhile. Thanks
for any help or suggestions. Dan Eyk

=====
Daniel Eyk
Vancouver, Wa.