Re: (ET) Fine Control

Bill,
Sorry, must not have explained very well!  Right, my tractor was set up
for three speeds (Big resistor, smaller resistor, and no resistors), it's
just that the control lever assembly was capable of more speeds.  The
spot-welded plate kept the lever from moving into those unused
positions...Bob

>>> Bill Alburty <wilbett earthlink net> 7/27/2002 10:05:20 AM >>>
Bob and RJ
    I've got a speed control diagram for the E12C which shows micro
switches 1A,
2A, four spacers, and the start switch. Counting the start switch this
would be 7
micro switches ( spacers replaced with micro switches). It looks like some
models
may have used the extra micro switch positions, with the addition of a
parallel
resistance for each, to give additional speed increments. That may explain
you
having 6 speeds (the start switch isn't a speed increment). My E12(model
unknown)
possibly has only 2 increments and I thought it was 3. This may also
explain why
Kanary's E20 has the "3 armature resistor" scheme. He may have 3
increments. I've
got to take my speed control out and look at it.

Bill A.