(ET) Fine Control

Bob and RJ
    I've got a speed control diagram for the E12C which shows micro
switches 1A,
2A, four spacers, and the start switch. Counting the start switch this
would be 7
micro switches ( spacers replaced with micro switches). It looks like some
models
may have used the extra micro switch positions, with the addition of a
parallel
resistance for each, to give additional speed increments. That may explain
you
having 6 speeds (the start switch isn't a speed increment). My E12(model
unknown)
possibly has only 2 increments and I thought it was 3. This may also
explain why
Kanary's E20 has the "3 armature resistor" scheme. He may have 3
increments. I've
got to take my speed control out and look at it.

Bill A.