Re: (ET) Solid state controls

"David Roden (Akron OH USA)" wrote:
> Curtis makes some true sep-ex golf car / industrial vehicle controllers
> which I'm pretty sure do implement field weakening.  I could be wrong
> about
> this though.

I have a used Curtis sep-ex controller (thanks Eric!) that I will be
investigating in my "spare" time.

To be a real improvement, I'd agree that an appropriate controller for
an ET would have to implement field weakening for a full range of
speeds, be 4-quadrant to provide regen braking (properly done, would
basically never touch the brake pedal), and provide a "cruise control"
feature.

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S10