RE: (ET) Solid state controls

That would also allow a single joystick to control speed, direction, and
turning....cool.

-----Original Message-----
From: SteveS [mailto:ssawtelle fcc net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 2:48 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Solid state controls

I can see two ways to do it:

First is how my old Allis-Chalmers (and most old tractors) allow
zero-radius
turns; independent brakes on each rear wheel. By stopping (or slowing) one
wheel the differential shifts all movement to the other wheel.

The second (and more interesting), would be separate electric motors on
each
rear wheel. This would allow turning about your center by having the rear
wheels turn in opposite directions - Wheee!

Either of these methods would be simpler and more efficient, I think, than
hydraulic solution.

Interesting ideas....... Dang day job keeps getting in the way!

SteveS
E12S