RE: (ET) Solid state controls

The smaller 4QD controllers are cheap enough that you might even consider using one of them to get the 18V from pack!

On 22 Jul 2002 at 7:22, Phil Trice wrote:

> It utilized a single pedal that controlled speed and direction.

I think you could accomplish something similar with a 4QD controller.  It
wouldn't do field weakening, but you could compensate for that by upping the
system voltage to 48 volts using 8 volt golf car batteries.  (You could tap at
16 volts for the lift, but you'd probably have to derive power for the lights with
a DC:DC converter or else fit a small aux 12v deep cycle battery.)

David Roden
Akron OH USA