Re: (ET) charging

Neil Dennis wrote:
> Jeremy, that 38 volts isn't even a good "maintenance" level.  Not too
> bad but should be a bit higher as 2.1 volts per cell is kinda reating
> voltage for a charged battery.  You need 2.7 volts per cell for an
> adequate charge rate or about 47 volts across the total pack of 18
> cells.
and also:
> Shoulda read the guys ad first, looks like he just controls the original
> charger and "bumps" the pack if it drops below normal resting level.
>
> BTW, i usually get 8 to 10 yrs from a pack and typically overcharge a
> few percent.

Sorry for the confusion.  When I wrote  "If the voltage drops below 38,
it turns the charger on for 5 minutes" I mean it monitors the batteries
when they are not being charged and if they get below 38, it turns the
ET's built-in charger on for 5 minutes.  The charger outputs more than
45 Volts.

--
 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com