(ET) RE: E12 | Short Charge?

I am hoping that someone can give me some guidance on getting my E12 in
shape.

It is in great shape and worked perfectly when I put it up last fall.  It
would move my acre of grass on one charge, with plenty to spare.

Anyway, I was cleaning it up a little in preparation for selling it and
decided I needed to test it out.  Good thing, as it barely got around two
laps before the batteries ran out.  I charged it again, with much the same
result.  It barely ran for 15 minutes before conking out.

The tractor had new batteries when I bought it last fall and has always
ran perfectly, with plenty of capacity.  As I am not a mechanic, all I
have checked are the battery fluid levels, which are fine.  The
connections are clean, with protective grease and no corrosion.

All the switches work, the mower motors spin fine, the lights go on - just
not for long.

I would appreciate any suggestions to guide me, or a mechanic I might
enlist, to check it out and find what the culprit(s) may be.

Thanks,

Jay Honeycutt

_|_|_|  "fixed cost, flexible service"
_|_|_|  flat fee processing for gift, time,
_|_|_|  debit, loyalty & fleet cards
_|_|_|  888-558-9965
_|_|_|  www.TimeSlicer.com