From: RJ Kanary [mailto:rjkanary nauticom net]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 4:32 PM
To: Hazen, Dwight L; elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Capacitor removal...

They are most definitely there.Once you have experienced the aroma, you
will
never forget it.I had a capacitor that had started leaking. I called the
poison control center in Pittsburgh, concerning how to properly dispose of
it. Believe it or not, the recommendation was, to wrap it in several
plastic
bags, and dispose of it in the trash. The logic, if you can call it that,
was the amount of PCB was so small, it posed no danger. I hope that fifty
other people do not get the same idea, at the same time. Especially if they
all have the same refuse hauler.

RJ Kanary
Member TRNi  Since 1998
ASE(r) Certified Master Auto Technician