(ET) solenoids

Solenoids ,contactors, relays or maybwe other names, this type is a
metal can about 2" dia cylinder about 3" tall, usually mounted with
cylinder vertical.  The double throw unit has a heavy pair of terminals
(bolts) on side and another pair on lower end.  Also on side are two
samller terminals for actuating coil.  They have a heavy bar or ring
inside that contacts the bolt heads shorting across the two side ones or
across the two end ones but not both at same time.  (that could be
interesting).

Anyway, I've found a couple spares, the original seems to work but not
when in the circuit so still playing.  Good thing I just bought a
service manual (ebay) so have all the schematics.

Right now can mow the lawn ok but doesn't shut down correctly.

wombat

BTW, got a couple of JD90 chassis for free if anyone wants, will have to
come pick up.