RE: (ET) e-15 eats reverse relays

In layman's terms; I think the circuit is ringing.  I work with large
inductive loads.  Try to turn them off to quickly and there isn't anywhere
to dump the current; the contacts, or controls down-wind of them may fry.
An active device (Varistor) may help, or even a passive (Resistor) may
absorb them IF you know how much energy is involved.  I'm surprised GE
didn't take care of this.  I'm about to rebuild an E-15 and will look into
it.

Larry Elie