Re: (ET) What was that crash?

> I haven't looked into it, but it seems to me it shouldn't be all that
tough
> to rewire the onboard charger so it doesn't go through the disconnect.

Well, coming from a solar NEC world, all power sources *must* be protected
by disconnects. If you were to bypass the charger around the disconnect,
then there would be no way to shut down power between the batteries and the
charger (short of pulling a battery).

It's a good idea IMHO to have something as big as the ET's battery pile
have
a nice disconnect between it and everything else.

Side note: I increased the shed's solar power to 600 watts. The 24 volt DC
leg is currently going at 14 amps shorted (3 120 volt panels dedicated to
24
volts). At 14 amps, when I pull the test lead away from the lug after
checking the current (dead short) I pull a spark about an inch long that is
now *BLINDING*. in it's brightness.

And that's only 14 amps. I can only wonder what bumping up the voltage up
36 and the current up to 100 would do....

Chris