[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (ET) What was that crash?
- Subject: Re: (ET) What was that crash?
- From: "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 22:55:18 -0400
- References: <d0 2863fda0 2a32c74f aol com>
- Sender: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Hm. This does not sound quite right. The switches are in series, and don't
power a relay per se; they power an interlock. Interlocks are designed to
"fail open" due to their position and the internal spring. Maybe the spring
is broken, and someone mounted the interlock solenoid upside-down?
> My seat switch works -- and that's a good point -- so it seems likely
> the relay itself failing. Anyway, it can't be just the key switch
> But as I said, the foot pedal interlock was nonfunctional when I bought