Re: (ET) Fwd: advice needed (continued)

In a message dated 6/7/02 9:04:58 AM, barry woods wright edu wrote:

<<
Does anyone know how GE originally attached the mower deck support arms to
the main tractor body, did they use large clevis pins?  I used 5/8" hex
head bolts and some big washers.  I tried to tighten these enough so there
will be no side to side movement.  Is this what they rest of you have used
and is it enough to keep the deck from wondering from side to side while
mowing?>>

hi barry, do you have the large bracket that attaches to the tractor and
prevents the deck from wondering?  its about 18" wide, u shaped, and goes
into the stabber slots on front of tractor.   the mower arms can go up and
down along sides of this bracket, but cant go sideways.
     re pins, yes there are special pins that hold the mower arms to the
traactor.  this connection  has play in it.   its the bracket that
prevents
deck wandering.  good luck, jon k