(ET) What was that crash?

That's what I would have been asking in the middle of the night had I not left my E-10 in neutral.  When I came down to breakfast this morning, I heard a strange whirring sound coming through the kitchen window.   It turned out the E-10 had turned itself on.  It was aimed at the house.   Imagine an E-10 coming in through your window in the middle of the night!

When I got the thing, the safety feature that prevents it from starting without your foot on the pedal was already broken.  I ordered the parts to fix it, but never got around to it. (Those round tuits are hard to find -- mine are all square!)  Now, it seems something has shorted and turned the motor on even though the key switch is off.

Question:  Is this likely to be a bum relay or just the key switch?  This happened on a damp night, although the E-10 is under cover.

Jim Luckett
120 Avebury Circle
Boxboro, MA 01719
978 263 7598