Re: (ET) E-15 Motor on EBay

New batteries (Trojans T-105) will run about $400. From what I've read and
seen, the small savings of cheaper batteries isn't worth it (tho others may
disagree). Sometimes you can get used golf cart batteries (I had no luck
with that) and that may be worthwhile.

Prices go all over the place.

I think a lot depends on location. If you are in (what seems to me) prime
ET
territory (upper mid-west) you have lots of opportunities. Down here in VA
had a bit of a time finding something within a few hours drive.

Also, what accessories does it have and which do you want? Particular
accessories can be hard to find and may be $$$. On the other hand if it
comes with good accessories you don't want they may be of value to someone
else.

Do you want to restore it? Then sheet metal rust, etc become important.
Luckily the important parts of these machines are heavy duty. The ones I've
seen rust out along the bottom of the battery box sheet metal - no big
deal.
I think these parts are still available.

Here is a one data point: I bought my E12S, rusty, no batteries, good tires
for $100. I paid another $100 for a rusty, but sound, mower deck with stiff
motors. A dozer blade in very good condition was $200 and the mounting
bracjet was $50. I bought this all at once, but the guy priced it out this
way.  So all told it was $450. Batteries were $400. I put another $150 or
so
into SS bolts, paint, bearings, etc. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

I think $300 for just the tractor (if that's true), not running, bad tires,
is a bit high, unless it is in good shape otherwise (little or no rust).

Side note to all: Perhaps someone (hopefully with better knowledge than me)
should write up a 'beginner's guide to ETs', like how to find one and what
things are worth. I have an old BMW motorcycle and a couple fellows wrote
up
notes on what to look for  and questions to ask when buying one, esp. when
it's sight unseen (ebay, etc). A similiar thing for ETs could be posted to
the files section. I'd be happy to do it if others can send me what to
include.

I know I was asking these same questions a year ago (now I ask different
questions).

Pheww, sorry I got so long-winded...

- SteveS