Re: (ET) Welder accessory

Darin:

I have the welder accessory.  Have used it for numerous projects.  It is just a (very) ventilated metal box with heavy duty resistor strips attached to terminal posts with wing nuts so you can put the welding leads on the post that suites the amperage that you need.  I was never very good at striking an arc with out sticking the rod, but it will work.  If you could salvage resistor strips from an old E T, you could probably build one pretty effeciently.

Gary Woodard

Kenton, OH

  badfishracing att net wrote:

Hi All,

I'm new to the list and beginning repairs on an E-15.
To aid in the process, along with other jobs, I was
looking at the Elec-Trak welder attachment. Does anyone
have this? Or does anyone know how it works? I'm
thinking it can't be very complicated to build one. The
36V power supply is the major component. I think an arc
stabilizer would be needed?
Maybe I'll just vice-grip some 1/8" rod to 3 deep cycle
12Vers and let everyone know how it works...

Darin Gilbert

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience