From: SWS [mailto:ssawtelle erols com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 9:29 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Shock repair followup

The weld actually was nicely done and is intact. The ring that holds the bearing and that the rod is welded to broke off! I'm not surprised it did, as when the deck is tilted back too far there are stops (on the brackets that bolt to the deck) that hit the shock right at the joint with the bearing. Given the long lever action of the shock and deck against that one point, something has to give. I've got a friend with a welder who is probably fixing it as we speak. If it can't be fixed, McMaster has something very close that will work.