----- Original Message -----
From: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
To: "'Christopher Zach'" <czach computer org>; "Neil Dennis"
<wombat RealNS com>; "Elec-trak" <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:49 AM
Subject: RE: (ET) start

> As I recall, the 'power-pulse' on an E-20/I-5 is really only a
'cruse-control' or speed lock.  On E-12/E-15 it does give you a
'power-pulse' by going full field briefly, so the centrifugal switch has
time to spin up-- very nice when starting on hills.  The way the E-20 is
wired (I don't have one) that isn't necessary.

> Larry Elie

Anyone