From: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
To: "'James P. Donovan'" <donovan ionet net>;
<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:42 AM
Subject: RE: (ET) motor/lift straps

> You can get nylon straps of the proper gauge and width at any auto parts
store.  They are used as hold down straps.  You will have to shorten the
strap, and sew a loop to at least one side.  You have to end up with a 24"
or so strap with a folded loop on each side for attachment.  The strap
attaches to the shaft by a wire 'staple' the width of the strap and bent
after passing through the shaft.  The holes are about 0.090" thick, so
anything up to a coat hanger will work to make a 'staple'.  BTW, coat
hangers are too brittle and will fail.  Or buy the whole thing from Bill...