(ET) steering and turning

Many have written in response to my posting.  My thanks to you all.  I
didn't mean to imply that the steering is difficult.  (The front end has
just been lubed by the P.O. and I can see the fresh lube oozing out.)  But
my wife should be able to drive the tractor as well.  She's used to power
steering, power windows, A/C, etc.  So I want her to be able to turn the
wheels easily.  I've also seen tractor steering wheels that are somewhat
rectangular that I thought of using.  But I need to know how many turns of
the wheel it takes to go from one stop to the other.  Do any of you know
this already?

Of all the postings I have read so far (up through Aug of 99), I've only
seen one proven method of bettering the turning radius and that was
installing independently operated drum brakes on the rear.  I don't think
I'll do this soon, but I'd seriously consider it if someone on the list had
a good write-up and parts list for how it could be done.
Andrew Poush