From: Lee Richardson [mailto:lrichard jbc edu]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 7:38 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Acquiring E15 - Questions

Has anyone fit a larger steering wheel (3/4" shaft)?  I want my wife to
>enjoy driving this tractor, too.
>

>Thanks,
>Andy

 From Lee:

Hey Andy:

I think somebody has already mentioned this but I'll do it again for
emphasis.  One of the few maintenance jobs I do on my tractor is grease
the
front end.  If I let that go the steering gets noticably much harder.  It
always amazes me how much difference it makes on ease of steering.  (It's
easier to grease it if you jack the front end off the ground a little.)

Also, check the alignment.  I ran my tractor (one front wheel) into a tree
once and bent one of the pinion (?) bolts, which made it harder to
steer.  Adjusting the tie rod fixed it.