RE: (ET) Tool receptacle

Lee:

  Is yours G.E. or Wheelhorse?  I know they looked the same, except for the color. I looked through all my Wheelhorse and G.E. literature and didn't find any pictures of G.E. rotary inverters. Only a G.E. Model AP60 "non-rotary" rated at 1000 watts for 5 hours (8.5 amps at 117 volts). Both the G.E. non-rotary and the Wheelhorse rotary in my literature plug into the smaller receptacle. However, I'm sure that I have seen a G.E. rotary somewhere that plugged into the larger mower receptacle. There may have been different units available from time to time.  My 120 volt chain saw draws 10 amps(label), but a rotary unit would power that on an intermittent basis. The Wheel Horse literature only gives a 120 volt rating. No wattage or amperage rating. Does anyone else have any literature on G. E.'s rotary inverter ratings?

Gary

  Lee Richardson <lrichard jbc edu> wrote:

At 08:30 AM 03/08/2002 -0500, Pestka, Dennis J wrote:
>I also have a rotary.
>It was made for my Wheelhorse model C-185.
>It is suppose to supply about 7 amps of 110VAC.
>
>Do you know how many amps yours will supply ?

From Lee:
No! However I have used it for years to power electric chain saws which I
think draw between 10 and 12 amps. But I'm not sure even about that.

I looked at the picture. It looks like the same animal. But I swear, mine
plugs into the big socket. I turn it on and off with the 'mower' switch.

Do You Yahoo!?