Re: (ET) Tool receptacle

By the way, even though the mower receptacle looks like it's grounded, the
third pin is actually used for dynamic braking of the mower motors!

Chris's concern about having a ground in his situation, or other
situations where external chargers are used, seems reasonable to me.  The
built-in charger is a grounding plug, so the tractor frame is grounded
when the tractor is connected to an external source of power, which is a
good idea.

>>> Gary Woodard <farmallcub57 yahoo com> 3/7/2002 9:54:20 PM >>>

 Chris:
My welder plugs into the mower receptacle. I think the inverter did also.
Around here I don't comply with the NEC much, when I'm playing.  We're a
little too rural, yet, unless I go into the place I retired from (cities).
All the factories have to meet code around here. The rest is just "logic"!
Gary
  Christopher Zach <czach computer org> wrote: Actually, it's screwed in
on my E20; I took it out to show it to the
electricians. I could do that, but then the tractor wouldn't be original
:-)
Also I wouldn't be able to plug in the accessories.

Note: When I took the outlet out, the copper wires had some copper sulfate
on them. Came off easily with a bit of contact cleaner and a brush.

Question on the Elec-trak accessories: Did the inverter and the welder plug
into the little 20amp outlet? If so they were probably overloading it.

Chris