(ET) Plan for refinishing my E12M

Hi
Thought I would close the loop on the plan for refinishing my E12M. After
considering all the comments from the list, and looking at the quality of
the paint and the sheet metal this is the way I am going to proceed. Thanks
to all on the list who volunteered their wisdom I think my paln reflects a
lot of you though and comments. Here is the plan.

Steel Parts
I.)     Sandblast the frame and repair the areas that are pitted
II.)    Strip the rest of the yellow parts with automotive paint stripper.
III.)   Repair holes in sheet metal (may buy Rear Box from Bill)
IV.)    Paint all the sheet metal and steel with POR 15 (special attention
to areas there sheet metal rivets to frame)
V.)     Primer with POR tie primer (so it will take a top coat)
VI.)    (may need to prime again with PPG Primer)
VII.)   Paint with PPG Acrylic Urethane. (paint codes from Don Barry)

Aluminum Parts
1.)     POR 15 on all interior parts that have contact with Batteries
2.)     Prime exterior with PPG Etching Primer
3.)     Paint with PPG Acrylic Urethane.  (paint codes from Don Barry)

I'll keep a picture log for reference.  This seems like a major undertaking
but once the tractor is disassembled  there is not really that much to it
and all the parts are easily handled and for the most part flat and I have
great access to both the PPG and the PPR products.

Cheers Geof

Geof Thompson B. Sc. CLS
No trees were killed in the production of this E-mail.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.
Data Management Engineer
Canadian Hydrographic Service
Central and Arctic Region
867 Lakeshore Road
Burlington, Ontario
Canada. L7R 4A6

Phone (905) 336-4698
Fax (905) 336-8916
E-mail Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca <mailto:Thompsong dfo-mpo gc ca>