Re: (ET) ET solar panels installed

Chris:

I think its a 15 amp plug, but I'll check later today.  I used mine for auxiliary 36 volt flood lights as I didn't have any attachments that used that receptacle. I plugged my extra batteries into the rear plug that the I-5 had, to run bigger attachments.

Gary

  Christopher Zach <czach computer org> wrote:

Over the weekend I installed another MSX-60 solar panel on the shed roof.
This is a temporary fix till my 120 watt panels come in, but it is enough to
provide 4 amps of charge power to the tractor and keep the batteries peaked
while I ride it around the yard.

I mounted the panel and hooked it up to the disconnect. My tester now reads
almost 50 volts open circuit (36 volts under load) with about 2 amps in the
afternoon. Not bad. Next step will be to install the charge controller and
pipe wire over to the tractor.

Question: What kind of plug is the one that the attachments use to plug into
the tractor? It's got only two connections, but appears to be a twist lock.
I'm planning on using that as the charge port for the ET as it goes directly
into the battery core (the panels are all protected by the fuses in the
disconnect box).

Any idea what kind of plug I should use and where I can find one? Also what
is the max current rating for it?

Or maybe I should just replace it with a L-30 socket and plug; the idea of
not having the ET grounded during charge bothers me a bit...

Thoughts?
Chris

Do You Yahoo!?