Re: (ET) Reverse draws a lot of current: Why?

Actually, I checked the wiring schematic, and don't think the reversing
relay is the problem.

On an E20, field current is not reversed when you reverse the tractor.
Rather the 1FR and 2FR solenoids are triggered by the reversing relay
together. Thus when you are in forward, the relay is up, and 1F and 2F are
engaged. When you toss it into reverse, the relay locks in, and 1R/2R are
engaged. This reverses the armature current, and the motor spins backwards.
The field current direction appears to stay the same, and is not routed
through the FR relay.

FR does disable the field weakening relay circuits above FW1 however, thus
you can't go into speeds 5-8 while in reverse (which is probably a good
thing)

Are the other E tractors different?

Chris