(ET) Replaced the brakes

Well, I replaced the brakes on the E20 this morning. Not really too hard;
jack up the tractor, put jackstands under it, take off a wheel, drop the
transaxle bolts a bit, take out the brake, put in new brake, bolt up and
go.

The E20 brakes do ride on pins, as a result the disc seems to stay
stationary on the shaft with the caliper compressing around the disc when
applied.

I think the brake disc is a bit on the warped side though; as the brake
caliper rubs a bit when it hits a certain point. Also the tractor now has
two speeds:

No brake (normal drive)
Slam-stop brakes on.

As soon as the pads start to engage, the tractor rips to a halt. Skids the
tires on grass. There's no question the brakes work; even ripping down a
hill in D2/8, the tractor will stop within 10 feet with full brakes.

Guess it's time to call Mr. Gunn and get a new disc. Still, if you have an
E15/20 with lousy brakes, I recommend spending the $25.00 and getting a new
caliper. The old caliper of mine was sticky (very poor actuation), the cam
was pitted, and the pins did wobble in their slots a *lot* (indicating that
they were quite worn and probably were sticking). Definately a simple
repair, and the new caliper is quite nice.

Chris