(ET) ET No Go

Hi all,

Ok, I cleaned up my E12, changed the transmission oil,  and bought it a set
of new T-105s so it should be happy, but....

-Lights work
-Front lift works
-Verified batteries hooked up right

So far, so good, but...

As I move the power control forward or reverse, the power meter goes up -
first 'notch' to the top of the green, second 'notch' to mid-yellow.  I
hear
contactors clicking and the big resistors get warm. But no go from the
motor. It looks like everthing is hooked up the motor.

High current draw but no go probably indicates something. Is it no field
current?

The motor has two large wires going to it and two smaller ones marked 10
and
49. On the other side are two large wires going to what I assume is a
thermal cutout -which ohms out ok. I tried to disconnect the small wires to
clean up the contacts but the plastic piece they go into pulled out. I
guess
I need to pull the motor and check it out.

I just got this thing about a month ago and have no idea if and when it
last
ran.

Any ideas where to go from here? In particular:

- Are the 10 and 49 wires the field connections?
- Any pointers on testing the motor on the bench?

Thanks,

Steve S