Re: (ET) E-20 rebuild report

That white crud is aluminum oxide from water getting under the yellow
lid. If left out in the weather the motors must be covered. (2 quart
plastic food containers work well) Different metals and moisture spell
electrolysis and corrosion. This is what freezes up the brushes as well.
I spray an electric friendly oil inside the cover and brush area to
delay natures processes after cleaning the mess up. I also oil spray the
outside joints of the cover after reassembly.

Jim