Re: (ET) E-20 rebuild report

In a message dated 1/27/02 2:46:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, czach computer org writes:

The core problem with the motor was the sticking brushes however. I wonder
what caused the brushes to stick; was it a bad design, or something happened
in the field (maybe the blade hit a rock or something, but that wouldn't
explan a slightly off-square brush housing.)

Chris,

I had a mower motor with the same problem you describe, except the brush was just stuck in a sludge of graphite powder and some unknown oil or grease, probably leaking from the rear bearing seal.  I cleaned up the brush housing and all was well.

Kevin Carter