Re: (ET) E-20 rebuild report

Drat, you're right: The oil will do odd things on the brushes. However
looking at the brushes; they look fairly straightforward if I wanted to
replace them. Are these brushes a common-stock item, or are they not
manufactured anymore? Any particular places to get them (along with the
temp
sensor)?

I'll remove it tomorrow. Can one use rubbing alcohol on the brushes and
housings to clean things off?

> It's probably noisy because the bearings (or at least the lower one, the
> most common failure) is/are worn.  Operating with worn bearings can cause
> destruction of field magnets; this is very expensive to repair.

Possibly, however I checked the axle play and both ends looked tight. I'll
check into sending it to Bill for a rebuild. It's also possible I don't
know
the sound of a good motor. What do they sound like when running?

> Be sure to tell Bill or the repair shop that you put oil on the brushes.

That big of a disaster? Hm. I'll keep this in mind when working on the
electronics.

Chris