Re: (ET) E20 review: Day one :-)

At 03:58 PM 1/20/2002 -0500, Christopher Zach wrote:
...It's complicated. Far more complicated than the Home power schematic for the
E12. Hm.....
From this and your questions below, sounds like some of the manual pages for the E-20 would help. They cover the basic logic and the PC board. I'll email you some of the key ones from the electrical section directly so as not to spam everyone on the list with large files (2 files x 1.5 MB). Anyone else interested, drop me a line and I'll send them your way.

I started by removing the top of the charger. The charger timer is attached
to the transformer and diodes by a molex connector. Two of the wires on the
top side of the molex connector had fallen off completely. I also noticed
what seemed to be a piece of metal bridging two of the wires on the bottom
molex connector. Is this normal, or is this some sort of a hack? Anyone
have
the pinouts for the E20 molex plug? I've got the tools to fix molex, but I
need to know which wire goes where and if that jumper is supposed to be
there...

The connector there should have a couple of jumpers on the charger's plug. Going by the marked pin numbers, the connector on the timer is as follows:

1 - White from power cord
2 - To timer motor
3-5 - Not used
6 - Green from power cord
7 - To timer motor
8 - Black from power cord via timer switch

On the charger side the plug just extracts the three wires from the power cord and has jumpers between pins 1 & 2 and pins 7 & 8. These jumpers allow the timer motor to get power.

- Tom Coate
E-20
Leesburg, VA