(ET) Picking up the E20 on Thursday!

Well, it looks like I am going up Thursday morning to pick up my ET20. On
Sunday I went over to a fellow ET person who actually had four tractors (3
Wheel Horse and one ET15). Being able to take a physical look (my first) at
an ET makes me feel a *lot* more comfortable about what I am getting into.

First: These things are built *solid*. Compared to my 96 Craftsman 16hp,
they are tanks. Much heavier metal, more solid looking overall.

Second: They're not *really* that big physically. A bit fatter maybe, but
about the same size. The short wheelbase should make it a lot more
manuverable than the Craftsman.

Third: The motor *really* is small. I was expecting something on the order
of a OHV ICE motor, not a little thing tucked under the seat. It's possible
that I might be able to convert my tractor to a electric motor of that size
if I can figure out a way to mount it and fit three 12 volt batteries in
there...

Fourth: The charger appears to be quite simple. And it doesn't look like it
will be too difficult to add an additional quick-lock port for the solar
input. I'd say a 10 amp fuse should be more than enough (with a 100amp
crash
fuse on the shed side in the event something serious gets shorted).

Question: Is there any sort of a catastrophic fuse in the battery circuit
of
the E20? I'm thinking something along the line of a 48 volt 200amp DC rated
UL fuse to about 25,000amps? 36 volts is probably enough to produce a
plasma
ball if there was ever a dead short, this would be bad. If there is a cat
fuse, then I can protect the panels with a simple 10amp DC fuse or breaker.

Thanks!
Chris