From: Jim Coate [mailto:jbc coate org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 2:45 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) 12 volt batteries

An alternate scenario: One of the 3 batteries had a very dead cell in it
(fully discharged). When running the ET up the ramp, the other batteries
forced current through the bad cell, it reversed, heated up, and boom.

Driving up the ramps, assuming in low or LL, should take less than 75
amps for maybe 30 seconds... something any decent car battery should
handle.

David or someone may know better, but I don't think hydrogen is produced
during use, but rather only during charging (and only the final phase at
that)?